Our views about money usually begin in our childhood by what we’re taught or observe at home or in our communities. What messages did you receive from family or society?
- Money is filthy riches
- We don’t talk about money in polite company
- Money is the root of all evil
- Don’t worry your pretty little head about it, your husband will take care of it
- Money is the man’s domain
– OR –
- Money will help make life choices about where and how I’ll live
- Money is a neutral tool used to navigate through working life and retirement
- Money is saved to have a cushion for unexpected expenses
- Money is a necessary part of life that can be managed
We can change the way we think about money and utilize it as a necessary tool for our future.
- What steps can I take to change the way I think about financial matters?
- What do I need to learn about finances?
- How do I plan for my financial future?
- How do I develop a budget?
- Why do I need to know my net worth?
“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?”~ Luke 14:28